Mission

We are dedicated to providing the public with fresh talent. It is our dream to make your dreams come true!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Interview with Designer of Amali!


- Tell us about yourself? Where are you from? What made you start Amali?
My name is Ashley Rose born and raised out of Atlanta, Ga and currently residing in the Atlanta area. I am the creator and founder of Amali which was inspired by some of my cultural background and influences. I began this journey early 2008 when the line was initially called Accents. I started the line as a way to create income for myself while I was in college. Those who supported my business encourage me to take the line to the next level by attending trunk shows in the Washington DC area where I attended school. The inspirations came from my love of vintage and antiques. I began converting anything that I could get my hands to make trendy earrings that would accentuate each individuals uniqueness. I made earrings that were one of none and did not make duplicates.
 
- Do you do anything else besides design? What industry are you interested in?
- Where do you see Amali in the next five years?
- How has your life changed since you began Amali?
- Do you have the support of family and friends?
I also have a love for fashion not in the jewelry industry but as well as clothing shoes and any type of accessories. I would love to eventually expand Amali and branch out to all sectors of the fashion industry and eventually see Amali debut in NYC Fashion Week. In the next five years I see Amali in local boutiques as well as an up and running online boutique. My life has changed since I created the line back in 2008. New adventures have come about that I never thought I would see happen. Amali has been featured on the reality show 'The Fashlane' due to air late July, magazine articles, and photoshoots for up and coming musical artists. I have had so much support from friends and family especially, TQ Branding, who are the reason that I have been blessed to feature Amali to the rest of the world.


- Are you in a romantic relationship? If so, how in the world do you find the time for it?
I have been involved romantically since Amali has been created, and it is very hard to deal with the responsibility of being in a serious relationship while trying to follow your dream. With that being said, I have had a great partner who has supported me from the very beginning and decided that he would help Amali just as he would help me, Ashley Rose. You need that kind of understanding in a relationship while trying to grow your company and yourself.

 -What advice could you give to young women?

My advice to young ladies with a dream, would be to act on it now! if God has given you the vision, act on it as soon as possible because tomorrow is not promised and as you grow older we begin to settle in our everyday lives and stop dreaming, but there is nothing like youth. We can grind now and retire later! the harder that I work now the less I will have to do when I get older. That is why I say act on your dreams while you are youthful and have the energy!

- Who do you look up to?

I really admire the hustle and the grind of Tyra Banks. Her message to young women and how she has become a brand of her own. She created her brand and did not let the media or anyone else determine how she wanted to be portrayed and I respect and love how she has conveyed her ideas and perceptions of beauty and fashion.
- Is there anyone you would like to thank?
 
I would like to thanks all those who have supported me from the beginning. My friends and family have always inspired me and I want to take that inspiration to inspire others and make others feel good about themselves!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment